Some of us are making an effort towards choosing healthier choices, some of us just don’t drink, and some may be in recovery for alcoholism. The point is, we may not know our co-workers very well but you can make sure your holiday party is worry-free fun for everyone.
4 Non-Alcoholic Holiday Party Ideas
Non-alcoholic beverages are a great way to keep the spirits up without having actual spirits. A few festive mocktail ideas include:
- Cran-Raspberry Martini: crushed raspberries and cranberry juice.
- Cherry Bombs: grenadine, seltzer, and cherries.
- Spiced Hot Cider: Mix cinnamon-flavored syrup with hot apple cider.
- Eggnog Hot Chocolate: eggnog + hot chocolate + coffee-flavored syrup (to replace the liqueur) + whipped cream = an amazing holiday treat!
Games and Activities
Have some party fun without the drunken falls (klutzy falls allowed). Hire a DJ and get everybody on the dancefloor for the Hustle and a Limbo marathon. Try the British tradition of popping Christmas Crackers — you’ll have fun with the lame jokes and cheesy kids toys. Indoor lawn games, a bean bag toss, croquet corner, pin the tail on the reindeer, and prizes are all fun ideas for a family-friendly party.
Small business? Treat your employees and their plus ones to a formal dinner full of sparkling snowflakes, soothing music, and catered food. This way, your staff can engage with each other over a delicious full course meal. Just make sure you have choices for anyone with dietary restrictions.
Take everyone out for an activity! Great options include:
- Mini golf (make it better by going cosmic!)
- Bowling (again, cosmic makes it better)
- Arcade — very popular once again, plenty of places have deals for businesses
- Laser tag — losing team brings breakfast!
- Skating — ice or roller, it doesn’t matter.
- A day out — if you live in a temperate climate, take your employees out for some sunshine on a workday. Have a lunch out or potluck picnic. Bring lawn games, kites, frisbees, or blankets to relax on.