Prom is a rite of passage for most teens. Unfortunately, it’s not all about first dances and corsages — these days, high schoolers are more focused on partying hard on prom night, and often drug and alcohol use plays a huge part in the night.
Drug & Alcohol Use at Prom
Drinking & Driving
- 90% of teenagers think there is a higher chance their peers will drink and drive on prom night (source)
- Almost 1/3 alcohol-related teen traffic fatalities occur from April – June — prom season (source)
- 22% of teens have ridden with an impaired driver or driven impaired because they didn’t want to call their parents (source)
- 53% of students reported drinking 4 or more drinks on prom night (source)
- Teens whose parents clearly state that underage drinking is totally unacceptable are 80% less likely to drink than other teens (source)